Use this tutorial only for the following Micromax models: A075, A24, A26, A27, A28, A34, A35, A36, A40, A59, A61, A62, A65, A66.
Backup all important files and make sure that the device’s battery charge level is over 50%.
- Enable USB debugging for your device from Developer Options menu before starting installation.
– if Developer Options isn’t shown under Settings, then you need to open ‘About Phone’ section and tap seven times on the ‘Build Number’ text in order to become a developer.
- Now, Download the stock Android ROM zip from the Devices Panel.
- Extract the contents of the Stock ROM zip and save them on your PC.
– you should obtain a .pac firmware file.
- Download the Spreadtrum Upgrade tool from here.
Extract the zip contents on your PC.
- Power off the Micromax device now.
- Launch the ‘upgradedownload.exe’ application.
- Next, connect your device to your PC via USB Cable.
- Wait for the UpgradeDownload Spreadtrum tool to detect your Micromax device, then continue to the next step.
- Now you can click on ‘Load Packed’ button.
- Find the Android Stock ROM’s .pac firmware file. Load it in UpgradeDownload application main window.
- Hit the ‘Start Downloading’ option after the firmware file is added.
- Wait until the new stock ROM is flashed successfully.
- After the install process is complete you will see a confirmation message shown by the Spreadtrum Upgrade tool.
- Restart the device in normal mode and that should be all.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to learn how to install a stock ROM for your Micromax device.